Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Preparing to Travel

Tomorrow is turkey day! Happy Thanksgiving where applicable, and for everyone else, well, have a great day! I'll be heading a couple of hours across the state to visit my mom and brother for the holiday and weekend. We're having our usual holiday feast of turkey, salad, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, and maybe stuffing. I'm not into stuffing, so I try not to pay much attention to it if it's served. Sorry, stuffing (and mom.)

In preparation for the trip, I have already packed what essentials I can, emptied all of the garbage cans (I have a thing about leaving garbage to sit while I'm traveling. I'm weird that way.), plus I've washed the small amount of dirty laundry there was for the same reason I can't stand to have garbage sitting while I'm away. I know, I know, but you should decide to find it charming. Your life will be easier that way. Besides, it's more hygienic this way! :-)

That's about it for today. It's been a very long day, and I need to be up early tomorrow. Safe travels, everyone! Below are a couple of pictures I took this week of some Sandhill Cranes that were in the parking lot where I work.

There are several Sandhill Cranes in the area where I work. This gang of four was holding up traffic in the parking lot the other day. They're cool birds, though, when they're not blocking your way out.



No comments:

Post a Comment