Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Doing Something Daily


Greetings One and All! 


Welcome to the first post of my new blog! I have tried to write blogs in the past, but always got hung up when writer's block hit me or the muse seemed to have abandoned me. I felt like I had to write something every single day or I felt like a failure. I know now that is not the case, but in the interest of getting myself off to a decent jumpstart, I have decided to do as Ken Roberts at Mildly Creative (http://www.mildlycreative.com/) suggests, and to do something daily, no matter how small. As a budding photographer, I figured I could manage at least one new photo a day, so here we go. I actually have three to start with...how great is that?


The first picture is of a piece of tile that I painted back in July of 2001. I LOVE watermelon and since July is a pretty darn hot month around here, I clearly had refreshment on my mind. Hope you enjoy it!


The second photograph is of a piggy bank that I found at Pier One on one fine day. I just loved the cheerful colors and pretty floral pattern. It looks like something I would have painted when I was a kid and aspire to paint like again very soon.




The third photograph is of my dog. I just discovered a really neat effect in one of my photo editing applications: Stained glass. So, here is Coxie in stained glass. She's much cuter in person.

 


Pretty cool, huh?

Can't wait to see what I come up with tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I love your little piggy bank picture. Very cute. I would have bought that too if only I had a place to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I tend to collect knick knacks and such, but finally broke myself of the habit when I realized I really didn't want to dust all of those things and so if I wanted to buy a new knick knack, I had to be willing to dust it. Cute Little Piggy made the cut!

    ReplyDelete