Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Ten Feet Tall!

Today would have been my dad's 72nd birthday. 
Happy Birthday, Daddy!


My dad at about age 2


His enlistment photo


With me


Mom and Dad


I spent some time visiting with my dad's family out of state recently and had an opportunity to visit his grave after many, many years. Days like today are hard as I remember my dad and certain childhood memories.

One memory that really stands out for me is when my dad stood up for me when I told him about a bully at the bus stop who always gave me a hard time. He would push me out of line to get on the bus and make me go to the back of the line, and he called me horrible names. I put up with it for a long time out of fear before finally telling my dad about it. 

My dad called the boy's father immediately and got things straightened out. The very next morning, that same bully was the most apologetic and gracious kid I'd ever seen and I never had another problem with him. My daddy was 10 feet tall that day! ♥

Happy Birthday, Daddy! I miss you!

Love, 
Peanut

No comments:

Post a Comment