Monday, November 28, 2011

Ninja

Introducing the newest pet addition to our family: Ninja!

Ninja was a stray kitten that my mom found living wild in her neighborhood not long ago. She was a teeny, tiny thing at the time, and was initially terrified of everyone who came near her. It took several weeks before my mom could get close enough to catch her (of course it helped that my mom left food for her every day.) ;-)

Ninja is actually the second name that she's had since she came to live with my mom. Originally she was being called Nebula, but after observing her behavior for a couple of weeks, and noticing her penchant for leaping out and pouncing on people who never saw it coming, my brother changed her name to Ninja. 

Ninja is the youngest of my mom's three pets. She shares the abode and my mom's love with Fancy, an Abyssinian cat, and Trixie, a Boston Terrier dog.

Fancy

Trixie

Fancy is about 12 years old and spends much of her time sleeping these days, so Ninja doesn't have much of a playmate in her, unfortunately.

Trixie, however, is about 5 or 6 and is still very playful. Full of attitude, too. That dog will sass anybody who does anything she doesn't like. I got an earful this past weekend for sitting in my mom's recliner and choosing not to recline so she could jump up and sit next to me. I've got some nerve, don't I?

I do have a pet of my own, called Coxie. She is a Cockapoo, and very, very sweet. She is about 12 or 13 now, and like Fancy, also spends a great deal of time sleeping these days. She can play hard for about 2 or 3 minutes, but then she needs to sleep it off, lol. Below is one of my favorite pictures of her, taken in 2006.

The lovely and beloved Coxie.

No comments:

Post a Comment