Friday, October 7, 2011

A Day in the Life of My Dog


My little dog – a heartbeat at my feet. ~ Edith Wharton


Coxie is my Cockapoo dog with the most loving, beautiful and tender soul I have ever known. She is a joy and I am so blessed to have her companionship in my life. Below is a typical day in her life, (or what I imagine it to be after I leave for work, at any rate.)


5:30 a.m. – Wake-up time! Mommy takes me out for a walk before she starts getting ready for work. Sometimes I’m quick, but sometimes I like to take my time and sniff everything in sight at least twice. Hate to miss anything, you know?


5:45 a.m. – Back inside! I spend some time cleaning my paws while mommy gets ready for work. I hate having any dirt on my feet; I am a lady, after all. When I’m all cleaned up, I take a nap since I’m not the one who has to go to work.


6:30 a.m. – Breakfast time! Mommy usually has cereal or yogurt, and I get to lick the bowl or cup when she’s done! Yumm-y! Sometimes she’ll have fruit, but I don’t get any of that. Boo!


7:00 a.m. – Another walk! I get one more walk before mommy leaves for work, just in case. Usually it’s just a quick dash out and I’m ready to go back inside because it’s almost time for something really special! First, mommy puts my super sharp and snazzy-looking shirt on me. It helps keep me calm while mommy’s away because I miss her so much.


Then it’s the time for the best part of my morning………TREAT TIME!!!!! I wish you could see the happy dance I’m doing! I heart the treats! I dream about the treats! I get a couple of chicken treats and also a couple of beef treats. Mommy leaves while I’m eating. She thinks she’s being sneaky and distracting me with the treats, but I just humor her and let her think she outsmarted me. (Shh! Don’t tell!)


After I finish my snack I go back to bed. I do sleep a lot more these days, but I am 12 years old...maybe 13…who remembers? You should have seen me when I was a puppy, though! I could run around and play for HOURS on end! If anyone even accidentally stepped on a squeaky toy, day or night, I was wide awake instantly and ready to party! Anywayszzzzzzzz


8:30 a.m. – Time to play with my toys!


8:33 a.m. – Nap time!


10:15 a.m. – Thirsty. Drank some water and sniffed at the door. All was well.


10:17 a.m. – Nap time!


11:35 a.m. – Time to play with my toys!


12-ish p.m. – Time for lunch! Ate a few bites of the dry food mommy left down for me, and then had some more water.


12:10 p.m. – Nap time! (I KNOW you’re jealous!)


1:15 p.m. – Woke up barking at a noise I heard outside. I barked at the door for a couple of minutes and then patrolled the house for a bit with my ruff up. I showed them who was boss around here!


1:30 p.m. – Wanted to go back to sleep, but was too keyed up from the brouhaha earlier. Decided to organize my toys into a neat little pile. Then I fell asleep on them. Mmmmmm…nice!


2:40 p.m. – Woke up and played with my toys.


2:45 p.m. – Oops! The water got to me & I couldn’t hold it anymore. Sorry, mommy. :( I feel really bad about it, so I’ll patrol the house some more with my ruff up.


3:20 p.m. – After a long patrol like that, I need a nap!


4:35 p.m. – Time to play with my toys!


5:05 p.m. – Nap time!


5:35 p.m. – I just woke up very excited…mommy will be home at any minute! I’ll sit right by the front door and eagerly await her arrival!


5:45 p.m. – Mommy sure is taking a long time today…


5:50 p.m. – I hear a key in the door…could it be….? MOMMY!!!!! MOMMY’S HOME!!!! Time for the ‘Mommy’s home!’ dance! Check out my moves! Snoopy’s got nothing on me! Woo-hoo!! Oh, I LOVE it! I get hugs and kisses and back scratches! Joy! Bliss! And now I get a walk! WOW!!!


6:00 p.m. – That was a GREAT walk! Time for dinner! I’m so excited!! Mommy serves me some of my favorite canned food, which I devour instantly. What’s a vacuum, I wonder? She mentions it a lot when I’m eating.


6:15 p.m. – Mommy is cleaning up the mess I made earlier. I’m looking as sad as I possibly can.


6:30 p.m. – Mommy is sitting down to dinner. I’ll stare at her until she gives me some. Darn. Well, sometimes it works.


7:00 p.m. – Nap time!


9:00 p.m. – Time for my last walk of the day and then bedtime for me. It has been one exhausting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment